Today is Christmas and here’s wishing you all a very merry one. As the year is about to end soon enough, it’s timely to look back and evaluate the experiences we’ve had all throughout the year.
We’re joined today by a good friend of mine, Charley Valher of Valher Media. We’ll be talking about the three biggest lessons we’ve learned from our experiences in running shows and working with clients.
This episode’s going to be relatable for a lot of you so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show! Happy Holidays!
What’s In This Episode:
- Den’s Three Biggest Lessons
- Consistency in everything creates a great impact.
- The power of LinkedIn and using Sales Navigator.
- LinkedIn is a gold mine of opportunities for video production companies.
- Den’s Biggest Win in 2019
- A huge amount of growth in LinkedIn.
- Golden Nuggets
- Shorter, more direct content tends to get a lot of appreciation.
- Slow and steady, incremental growth over a long period of time is sustainable and lowers the risk of external forces potentially destroying your business.
- You have to be a real person on LinkedIn, because if you’re not, the community will banish you.
- If you are clear on who you want to attract into your business, you’re going to win big on LinkedIn.
- The difference between people who are successful and those who are not is their mindset.
- Unsuccessful people often think “what can I get out of this?”
- Successful people think “what can I give in order to succeed?”
- Charley shares two important things he sees in people who are successful and adds one observation about people who are unsuccessful.
- Never rest on your laurels.
- In 2020, offshore editing will be a smart move to cut costs on post-production aspects of a business but still with on par skills and results.
- Don’t be caught off guard by thinking you’re irreplaceable. Everybody is replaceable. And technology is doing a lot of work that a professional used to do.
- Den’s mission in 2020 is to help video production company owners grow and scale but not at the expense of their health.
- “It’s not how much you MAKE that counts, it’s how much you KEEP that counts.”
- Video is getting bigger and bigger, and now is the time to get excited for the big wave that’s coming—those who are prepared will reap the rewards of a very prosperous future. – Charley
- Book Recommendations:
- Best Book for Den in 2019:
- Cadence: A Tale of Fast Business Growth by Pete Williams
- For Motivation:
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
- Best Business Book of All Time:
- The Road Less Stupid by Keith J. Cunningham
- Great by Choice by Jim Collins
- Best Book for Den in 2019:
About Charley Valher
Charley Valher is a business owner and educator. He is the Chief Podcast Officer at Valher Media, where he helps clients improve and grow their show. He is also the co-founder of Outsourcing Angel, assisting clients with their growth through virtual employees. Charley is known for his approach to business, creating time and leverage to scale. His expertise includes building systems and processes for companies, virtual assistants and teams, podcasting, and joint ventures, among others.