For filmmakers, it’s really essential to always be on top of your game. Staying focused is one of the key factors in making sure you are ahead in the industry. And this might sound a bit odd for you but our guest today has been practicing this habit of waking up at 2am every day. And it certainly helped a lot in terms of focus.
So, today’s episode will be really interesting as I speak with Simeon Quarrie, owner and CEO of VIVIDA. He will be giving us insights on how he adapted to this lifestyle and what it has done for his business. We will be discussing how he transitioned from weddings to corporate work and now VR.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Benefits of getting up and starting work early
- How Simeon manages his health and energy despite getting up at 2am every day
- What motivates Simeon to be up and working at 2am?
- The cyclical nature of video businesses: Growing and shrinking your team to adapt
- Key factors to sustaining the sales pipeline of your video business
- Why it’s important to study the marketplace: To go niche or not?
About Simeon Quarrie
Simeon Quarrie is the owner of VIVIDA. He is a filmmaker and storyteller who has successfully built a world-leading wedding video business and one of the few who has successfully transitioned into working with large businesses. Simeon is an international Speaker, Canon Ambassador, Gteam member, and an advisor for Google and Youtube. He sees to it that he is focused on staying one step ahead and now creates interactive Virtual Reality films. Simeon’s clients include Sky, Barclays, Burberry, EY etc.